GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, June 09, 2006

a) MIA for a bit, b)A slight failure c)mother's

A)
Hubby is having his surgery on Monday. My folks are here to stay with the kids so I will probably be MIA for a while. Sunday Hubby and I are heading to the next city over to "pretend" we're having a date night. We'll need to have him at the hospital at 6:00 AM Monday. Hence the reason I didn't want to drive an hour and a half that morning thank you.

Since I don't "think" I posted the details, He is having a heart oblation. Basically he has an irregular heart beat so they are cutting a hole in the artery in his leg, feeding a camera and electrical wires into his heart, attempting to make it go out of wack so they can find the bad circuits, and then either freezing the bad circuits or nuking them with radio waves if the freezing doesn't work. Kind of sounds like one of his weird sci-fi flicks. Anyways it really isn't suppose to be a big deal, and he should be out on Tuesday. There is only a .01 percent of a chance of any major complication, 1 percent chance of a minor one, but all prayer's and good thoughts would be appreciated.

B)
I've had a huge garden failure. I have disgusting "garden greens" I wasn't as smart as TKW, and didn't think to post pictures for those more culinary inspired person's to help me identify and attempt to do something with them. I planted a package of seeds simply labeled as "Garden greens " See I assumed they were all different types of lettuce. I mean I did identify some Romaine and spinach growing. But when I tried to make a salad today it was NASTY like four of the kinds growing tasted like dirt, one was spicy, and one was almost soapy. I did think to take a leaf from each of the gross things and go pull them out the rest to free up more room for the "normal" plants. However this set's back my eating anything from my garden a few more weeks probably. Next year I buy 3 different packs of things I know what they are.

In addition to the lettuce disaster I have also succeeded in killing off my eggplant, artichokes, and I think rhubarb. The tomatoes are holding on to dear life by a thread, and I believe I will have to replace them with ones other people started. Oh yeah, and I forgot to plant the beans I found the package to late to start them. BUT ever the optimist my zucchini, and jack-o-lantern pumpkins, and radishes (yea I don't like them either, hubby does) look awesome and the cucumbers, while slow to start seem to actually be getting some height to them.

C)
Speaking of my mother, why does she always make me so damn emotional? I totally am ok with having had the miscarriage last Dec. It really doesn't bother me anymore. Yes I twinged when I ran into an acquaintance who is due 5 day's after I was suppose to be and she's ready to pop, but otherwise I'm fine...At least until my mother comes around. My neighbor's pregnant - the one I do daycare for, not due till next Jan. Cool I'll get to watch her baby without having another of my own right now. I don't want one right now (see topic A, and the last few posts) All my mother said to me is "are you ok with this, and the idea of doing daycare for her" and I start bawlin....Dang I hate crying ESPECIALLY in front of her, she always makes everything into such a big case, and really I am fine, but she won't believe me I am. It sucks

Well guess that's all from GAT's house for now, I have no idea how much I'll be on line or when I'll be online, but I'll post an update 'bout hubby when I can.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Congrats on not killing off 'all' your garden. :)

    As for the garden greens... try mixing them in with a store bought bag of regular salad greens. Also make sure your garden greens are rinsed very well (no soap) and are cold and crisp.

    As for the Mom thing... ugh. Not a good topic for me. I've avoided mine for the most part for the last 2 years.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Candy said…

    ((HUGS)) all around. We'll keep Paul in our thoughts. I'm sure he'll come through like a champ! Hahahaha, girl I can't grow anything... I've almost managed to kill the petunias the kids got me for Mother's Day. And don't let your mom get you too emotional... hang in there, girl... of course it's hard... it's not something you'll ever forget, I'm sure and it doesn't mean you don't have to be sad about it sometimes. (((HUGS)))

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    Just so ya know... I did a long rotation in cardiology whilst in nursing school, and we did those heart caths every day, and it's really an easy thing. (Easy to say when it's not MY hubs, right?) He'll be okay. What's fun is talking to him when he's drugged up to take the cath out. Try to get in on that. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home