GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, September 28, 2006

How much would you like to bet there's another move in our future?

Why you ask? because I'm almost feeling settled and at peace with the concept of living here. (just to clarify I still don't love it, and can't see I ever will) That's a sure enough sign that it's time for us to move on. We can't have us living a normal non-caotic life after all. Here's all the signs that for me, mean a movie is in the near future. And yes I realize I have said I will not move again.

1) #1 has a good teacher and speech therapist, and is doing AWSOME in school. #2 is also loving school.

2) Dh still hasn't found a job, and is training his replacement. He said he's not totally on the ball, but it's only a matter of time before his boss offically decides the new "help for DH" is his own replacement.

3) Because of #2 Dh has mentioned looking at jobs in the Des Moines and Omaha area's. After all they are suppose to be growing areas with lots of computer geek jobs opening.

4) DH and I both actually found a church we both like, the kids like the classes they have and we haven't had a fight about it yet and we've been going there for 2 months.

And last but not least....

5) I met another mom, who seems normal, nice, and almost as desperate as I am for conversations, Her #2 is in #2's preschool class, and we went for coffee today during school....of course she's from Round Rock, which explaines the nice and normal part, and they just moved here a few weeks ago.

And if we move I will need someone to save me from myself, as the houses I've found in other area's I've fallen in LOVE with are once again fixer uppers like this one. Yes I realize the dishwasher is on the wrong side of the counter, but where Dh (and most normal people) see work, I see character. And no I'm not sure of what type of area it's in. It looks questionable, although not horrible from what I can tell, and I mean really we're talking Des Moines here, not New York, or Chicago, right? And no we haven't even gotten our current house fixed up yet. And if your curious I found some great old farm houses only 45 min outside of omaha on land for cheap too!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Kami said…

    Here we go again...

    ;)

    Sounds like you are getting all settled. I actually LIKE it here in Dallas now. Don't tell anyone.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Me said…

    OK you nerd... you've 'known' me for awhile now though posting anyway.

    Have you lost your ever-lovin' mind? I LIVE IN DES MOINES. November 1st it will be 2 *gulp* years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home