GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, November 10, 2006

1)BUSTED 2) Christmas gift ettiqute?

1) Who? No not hubby, #2. What was his offense you may ask? Pretending to not be potty trained! We tried to potty train #2 before he started preschool. It's required. We told him over and over he HAD to use the potty to go to school, but they do let them wear pullups. So we've just sent the kid in pull-ups and he's stayed dry, despite reverting back to diapers at home with mommy giving up.

This week it ALL CHANGED. Mommy and Daddy got sick of shelling out money for diapers, so we told Him they were just for bed time. No diapers during the day, even nap. For the first 2 days he wet CONSTANTLY. By day 3 he was being bribed enough by a sticker and has been completely dry (except morning diaper) the last 2 days.

When I picked him up from school I asked the teacher if he'd gone. I know he can hold it, but what I didn't know was he had the connection to go without being asked to go every hour. Apparently he has ALWAYS asked to use the potty at school, and many times will just go without telling anyone. I guess he's got that connection so I will not be buying ANY more diapers, unless we need more nighttime ones in a few months, when the jumbo bag I have runs out.

2) Who do you buy Christmas presents for outside of family members? Teachers? Aids? Etc? So far on my list I have #1's Teacher and class aid, #2 I have the Teacher, Aid, and Director. Am I missing anyone else? What about busdrivers? Do they get gifts, or is that weird? We've never done mailman or garbage man, but apparently your suppose to do this too, What? I don't have money to give away so anyone is getting baked goods and/or hand sanitizer basket things I'll make. Anyone know?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    #2... (Shaking head).

    Outside of friends and family, I get gifts for Nik's teacher and the office, the mailman, and the cleaning ladies. Last year, it was a tin of cookies. Sometimes I make a loaf of bread for everyone. Just depends. I had no idea about the garbage guy, but we never see ours. Oh, the Schwan's guy, too. I think that's it.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Just A Lizard said…

    I know people who give to the Postal workers, bus drivers, some even send a group present for the classroom.

    I personally limit who I give at Christmas to very close friends. (who's address I have. *POKE* )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home