GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Got any pick-up lines?

OK, this kind of relates to the whole how to pick up friends topic that's been discussed before in my many groups.

Here's the situation. We've been eating regularly (at least once every 2-3 weeks) at a small mom and pop restraunt near us. The owners are about my age and have a little 3 year old girl I'll call C. The mom and I talk everytime she's there (It's usually her DH that's there, who is very quiet Hubby and I just think he doesn't talk like so many of the DH's out there), And if C is there, she and #1 will play together.

Tonight we even had C join us at our table because they weren't done playing when our food came and the mom had a few things she had to do because her and C were headed somewhere. So C happily sat down and had some French fries with us.

Now I really like the mom. In fact she seems to be one of the few normal mom's I've met since moving here, and I'd really like to get to be friends with her. I'm just really not sure how to move from this whole Customer, chat once in a while, to friends. I swear this is almost hard then dating.

Any suggestions on how to not sound too stupid and suggest a playdate or something?????

4 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    I know, it's like being the new kid in school all over again, isn't it?

    I'd probably say something along the lines of "I need some adult interaction during the day, would you be interested in getting our little monsters together to play?"

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    "Come here often?"

    No. Just say, "Hey, we should meet at the park some time so the kids could play!"

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Yeah, what they said...

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Dynila said…

    Lol... Use the kids hon!

    The death they inflict on our pre-kid social lives has to be balanced by something. They are an automatic ticket to meet other grown-ups til they're in their teens.

    Get the kids together often enough and it'll just happen. I mean come on, what are the odds that you're gonna just stare at the kids and not talk to each other...(with me that would happen... lol)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home