GAT'sfamily

Our family: Mom, Dad, 5yr old, 2yr old, and very large, but friendly dog in N. KY

Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer time

Not much new, but I figured it was time for an update for all 3 of my loyal readers.

My homeschool experiment was kind of a flop. Don't get me wrong it went well when I did it. All 2 days of it, but we've just been too busy to keep it up. It's been warm and I'm still fighting turning on our A/C meaning we've had to do things like Museam trips , sprinkler parks, and playing in our friends awsome new "big" (3 feet) pool. Although I have the best of intention of starting another unit next week, as #1 is showing the lack of structure is getting to him. I just need to decide on the next subject. So far we've done insects and dinosaurs. The new one has to keep their mind from being overly preoccupied on leaving for vacation next Saturday.

We're making our circle trip to visit family in NE and MN again. However my parents are renting a Uhaul to pull some family heirloom funiture down to our house behind their camper, and are traveling home with me and the boys (Hubby gets to come home early for work). This means someone has to drive their car, and gee darn it my mom doesn't like to drive very far. Guess I'll get a nice QUIET drive home all by myself, and the boys get to ride in the motorhome with Grandma and Grandpa.

On the adoption front we told my family our intentions which left my mom speechless for the moment. If you've ever met my mom (or me for that matter) you know that alone was priceless! Hubby's family? Well mabey well tell them when we're on the plane picking up the kid(s). So far we've applied with the international agency, and found our homestudy agency. I will be setting our first appointment up for when we get home from vacation.

As I said, not too much new or exciting, but well that's life in KY for ya'll!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Yeah, my HSing attempt was pretty lame too. I guess I do my best to expose them to life lessons and then hope for the best. As far as worksheets and all those other traditional learning tools, well I find them boring. I figure it's a right of passage for them, but I've served my time. Awful. I know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home